1. Grease a baking tray with half of the olive oil.
2. Place the salmon on the tray and brush the other half of the olive oil over the salmon fillet.
3. Sprinkle with the juice of 1/2 lemon and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the salmon fillet and drizzle with the maple syrup. If you don't have maple syrup, don't warry, it can work well without it.
5. Preheat your oven to 350 F and bake the salmon for about 20 minutes, or until it is ready. The cooking time depends on the size of the salmon fillet.
6. Finish the caramelized salmon by turning your oven on broil for 3-4 minutes. Before broiling the top, check the salmon in the oven, and if you need to, sprinkle some more sugar on top.
7. When you see the top of the salmon make little bubbles, it is ready.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool down a little bit.
9. Decorate around the salmon with shredded lettuce, lemon slices and cherry tomatoes, and serve.
The caramelized salmon can be consumed at room temperature or even as a cold appetizer.