1 pork loin,
2 stalks celery,
2 bay leaves,
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns,
1 tablespoon Montreal steak spice,
1 teaspoon salt,
1 cup BBQ sauce,
12 twelve-inch tortillas.
For the beans:
1 can black beans,
3 oz BBQ sauce,
1/2 onion, sliced,
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced,
- Place the pork loin in a large 4-inch hotel pan. Add the coarsely cut carrot, onion and celery to the pan. Also, add the bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Season the pork loin with the Montreal spice. Add 1 cup of water to the pan and place the pan with the pork loin not-covered in a preheated (convection) oven at 400 F.
- Brown the pork loin for aproximately 20 minutes, then cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for about two-and-a-half hours to three hours, or until the pork loin is tender and can be pulled easily by hand.
- After the pork loin is ready, remove it from the roasting pan and let it cool down enough to be able to handle it. Reserve the liquids for a gravy if you want.
- Remove any excess fat from the pork loin. Pull the pork and mix it with the BBQ sauce.
- Roast the sliced onion and pepper in a greaced hotel pan until browned. Add the beans and bbq sauce and bake for 10 minutes.
- Put about 3 oz. each, baked beans and pulled pork in the middle of each tortilla and fold the wraps.
- Grill each pulled pork wrap in a panini press or over a flat-top grill until lightly golden brown, then cut on a bias and serve. Cheers.
- (Optional) you can add shredded cheddar cheese to your pulled pork wraps if desired.
One thought on “Pulled Pork and Beans Wrap”
Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read something like this before. So nice to seek out somebody with some original ideas on this subject. realy thanks for starting this up. this web site is one thing that is wanted on the net, someone with a bit of originality. helpful job for bringing one thing new to the web!