1 lb. potatoes,
1 lb. beets,
3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise,
1 tablespoon white vinegar,
1 teaspoon sugar,
1 tablespoon chopped parsley,
1 tablespoon chopped chives,
3 oz. chopped red bell pepper,
salt and black pepper to taste.
- Peel and dice the potato and beets. Boil them separately until they are soft, but not falling apart.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl for the dressing.
- Strain the diced potato and beets, and let them cool down a bit.
- Add the boiled potato and beets to the dressing and toss gently with a wooden spoon until they are all covered in dressing.
- Optional ingredients to add: Chopped boiled egg; Shredded cheddar; Bacon bits; Diced ham; Boiled diced carrot (small dice).