1 lb. diced pork loin,
1 cup okra, cut to half,
8 potatoes, cut to chunks,
4 diced carrots,
1 medium size eggplant,
1 sliced onion,
1 tbsp. minced garlic,
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil,
1 pinch each summer savory and dried oregano,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a large pan, heat the olive oil and sauté all the vegetables.
2. Season them to taste with the dried herbs, salt and pepper, and transfer to a roasting pan or earthenware pot, if you have one.
3. In the same frying pan, add some more oil and sauté the diced pork until seared.
4. Add the pork to the vegetables, deglaze the bottom of the frying pan with some water of white wine and add the liquid to the roasting pan.
5. Place couple of bay leaves in the dish, if available.
6. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and cook in a preheated oven at 425 F until the carrots are soft, usually around 35 minutes.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.