1. Heat the butter in a large pan over high heat.
2. Stir in the garlic, onion and leek and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the escargot, the Pernod and the white wine and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve in escargot dishes.
5. Sprinkle generously with chopped parsley and top with the asiago cheese.
6. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, if desired.
Cooking tip: If you don't have the special escargot dishes, you can serve it in mushroom cups that have been cooked in the same butter for the snails.
I have seen escargot dishes made of ceramic, as well as stainless steel. They are not the most popular housewares, but still can be found if you look for them online, large grocery stores, or dollar stores.