This is just a basic recipe for chili con carne. With a little imagination you can make your own original chili recipe.
1. Brown the ground beef in a large, heavy skillet.
2. Add onion powder, paprika, cayenne, bouillon, beef broth, tomato sauce, Tabasco, beans and water.
3. Cook over low heat for about 45 minutes, adding more water as needed.
4. Season the chili according to your taste with salt.
5. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and pepper, cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Serve the chili with grated cheddar cheese on top.
Tip: Vegetarian chili can be prepared by replacing the ground beef with meat substitute made of soy.