1 pound ground beef,
1 pound ground pork,
4 large eggs,
1 cup breadcrumbs,
1/4 cup chopped onion,
1/4 cup grated carrot,
1 teaspoon garlic powder,
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
1 teaspoon cumin powder,
1 teaspoon chili flakes,
chopped fresh basil,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Dip your hands in water and form 8 big meatballs.
3. Put the meatballs in a hotel pan or roasting tray and cover them with tin foil.
4. Cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 375 F.
5. Remove the tin foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
6. Serve the big meatballs with warm tomato-basil sauce.
One big meatball per person can be served over spaghetti for a delicious and hearty pasta dish, or sliced and used in Italian panini sandwich.
About the author: George Krumov is a Red Seal certified Chef with many years of culinary experience working around the world in Europe, the Middle East, the cruise line industry and North America. In the last two decades he has headed the kitchens of several restaurants in Canada, and ran his own restaurant.